Saturday, September 19, 2009

Waffle House!

Yep, I'm headed there to do homework. It seems its the only place I can get anything done. No kids, no chores, no TV, no husband, no annoying dog, no internet. Oh wait, I just got a blackberry. Scratch the "no internet" haha. I am so behind. But I don't want this blog to be all about complaining about how behind I am in school, so TOPIC CHANGE!

My sister is here visiting for the weekend! I'm so excited! She lived with us over the summer because she graduated grad school, her lease in WV was up, she didn't have a job yet, and she didn't want to sign another lease because she didn't know where she was gonna get a job, not to mention she didn't want to be stuck there. She really wanted to be here with her nieces (and of course me and Joe!) So anyway, she moved in here for 3 months and babysat to cover her "rent." It was such a blast! I love her (her and my mom are my two absolute bestest friends) and it was sooooooo nice having her here after being so far away from her for so long (she lived in CT for my first 2 years in NC and WV for the next two). But then she got a job in Mount Airy and moved out to Winston-Salem just before school started for me in August. And I haven't seen her since, not to mention the girls all missed her and our dog really missed hers!

Oh, and even better news - my mom is moving out of her house this weekend because the closing is on the 30th!!!!! We moved here from CT where she lives and she comes and visits as often as possible, but I really just want her here with me. So, when she graduated with her bachelor's in May, she put her house on the market (yes, even in this terrible market) and it sold within four months!!!!! So, she's living with a friend for several months and finally moving down here in May to be with her grandbabies and me (and at least in the same state as my sis)!!!!!

Well, its time to go help with bathtime so I can go do homework, but I'll leave you with an adorable twin quote of the day:

Alanna: "Auntie Courtney, I got flowers from my sweetie."

Courtney: "Oh really? Who's your sweetie?"

Alanna: "Devonne." (her twin)

No comments:

Post a Comment